Share this article
Bridge42 is proud to be partnering with the National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC) for the second consecutive year as a Bronze Partner.
“Our partnership with NAWIC is through a shared vision to encourage more women into the various types of work available within construction and related industries,” Anna said.
“As an equal opportunity employer, and a strong supporter of all forms of diversity in the workplace, Bridge42 appreciates the value in bringing different experiences and perspectives to the table.
“Our company typically maintains a female participation rate of at least 30 per cent, which is more than double the less than 14 per cent achieved across our industry,” she said.
“We’ll continue doing our part, both internally and externally, to continue this push towards greater gender diversity and equality in construction.”
Proudly Supporting NAWIC
Anna said the company has seen good value in partnering with NAWIC so the opportunity to renew its corporate sponsorship was an easy decision.
“Held in high regard, NAWIC is an extremely active organisation through its various member and industry engagements, as well as its advocacy agenda with government,” she said.
“The organisation’s events attract a wide range of industry members – the Awards for Excellence lunch is a particular highlight in our events calendar each year!”
Bridge42 is actively involved in supporting NAWIC through multiple activities and contributions, including:
- Corporate partnership – Bridge42 has been a NAWIC Bronze Partner of the WA Chapter since 2021
- Committee membership – Bridge42 has provided active representation on NAWIC committees since 2021, including for the Partnerships Committee, Education Committee, Health and Wellbeing Committee, Major Events Committee, and Marketing and Communications Committee
- Individual membership – a number of team members nationally have held memberships since 2020
- Awards – Bridge42 has attended the NAWIC WA Awards for Excellence event since 2019 (including inviting clients and guests to join our table), including winning the ‘Business and Leadership Award’ in 2020 and being nominated for several other awards
- Events – a number of team members nationally have taken opportunities to attend a range of NAWIC events, such as site visits, speed networking, speaker/panel seminars and workshops, International Women’s Day rooftop movies, and Family Fun Day
- Publications – Bridge42 has contributed content via sharing our expertise and experiences, including an article in 2020 edition of The NAWIC Journal
NAWIC is a not-for-profit organisation that advocates for an equitable construction industry where women fully participate.
NAWIC has chapters in every state and territory across Australia, led by a team of passionate volunteers who all strive to help champion and empower women in the construction and related industries to reach their full potential.
The organisation provides a forum for its members – both female and male, white collar and blue collar – to meet and exchange information, ideas and solutions. It also offer opportunities to expand personal and business networks, maintain awareness of industry developments, improve skills and knowledge, and make a contribution to encouraging and empowering other women in the construction industry.
Formed in 1995, the reach of NAWIC organisations has since grown globally with networks in Australia, New Zealand, United States and Canada.